Sunday, March 18, 2012

Occupy Yourself. An Update on the Occupy My Blog Movement Now Fully Underway.

A Simple Request: "Occupy Yourself".  An Update on the "Occupy My Blog Movement" Now Fully Underway.

It has now been one week since the Occupy My Blog Movement has taken the world by storm and I’m happy to report that things are moving along swimmingly.  A lot of progress is being made, and I’d like to thank those participants who have so generously offered their time and effort in making the Occupy My Blog Movement a reality.  Your Occupation is making all the difference in changing the political, social and cultural landscape as we know it.  So keep up the good work!
However, my hope is that you have accomplished one Additional Occupation in the process.  To Occupy Yourself.  That’s right, I’m hoping that during your continued occupation you have managed to Occupy Yourself in the process of Occupying My Blog.  Because one thing that I am unable to fully comprehend is why anyone complains about how bored they are, in this day and age. 
With unlimited possibilities for Occupying Yourself available at the click of a button (ie. YouTube) in my mind, there is never a reason to be bored.  I can’t even remember the last time I was bored.  It all comes down to thinking outside the box and taking some initiative to get up off the couch and go do something with yourself that you find mildly stimulating or amusing.  It may be a lack of motivation that keeps you glued to your television.  It may be that you’re tired, or hungry or feeling under the weather.  Maybe you're hungover.  Or maybe you have to comb your hair.  Whatever your current excuse for boredom is, I’m here to request that you continue to participate in the Occupy My Blog Movement and simply Occupy Yourself.  With anything.  Maybe it’s a new hobby you’ve been meaning to try, or a movie that you’ve been wanting to see.  It could be that you’ve been putting off taking up bird watching, or rock climbing, or maybe basket weaving is your thing.  Maybe you’ve always wanted a plan for world domination; all I have to say is make it happen, captain. 
If you’re at a loss for things to do, one option to take under consideration is simply “Occupying” wherever you happen to be at the moment.  For example, I am currently Occupying my Roof on this lovely afternoon, soon to be followed by an Occupation of a yet to be determined brunch establishment.  Then, I may Occupy Soho and check out what’s going on at the Opera Gallery, Evolution Store and Bloomingdale's.  One definite possibility is an Occupation of the Grocery Store later on this evening.  You see how easy that was???  
Now, in order to keep the Occupation Movement on the right track, I pledge to do my part and continue to provide material suitable to Keep Yourself Occupied.  All I ask is that you also do your part and make a pledge today to swear off boredom.  Maybe you could give it up for Lent.  Not to sound too Pollyanna here, but just simply don’t allow it back in your life.  And if it keeps showing up, like a bad penny, simply demand that it walk out the door and not let the door hit it on the way out.  Because boredom is so last year, and you’re over it.  It will eventually take the hint, guaranteed.  Then, pick yourself up, get dressed, put on makeup, listen to music, stretch, dance around the living room, do whatever you have to do…just get pumped up, get moving, and get inspired to “Occupy Yourself”.  This will be the next iteration of the Occupy My Blog Movement currently underway.  And with your help, vision and imagination, together, we can make the concept of boredom a thing of the past, a distant memory, an ancient relic locked in a museum where it belongs.  Because, correct me if I’m wrong, but I sincerely doubt anyone would miss it. 
Oh, and while you’re busy occupying various things, a simple reminder to do one more thing: Enjoy Yourself!  Here’s a little something to get you started: You Enjoy Myself, by Phish.



Happy Occupying! 
Over and out for now.  Further updates on the movement to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment