Friday, March 16, 2012

Notes From the Underground.

Notes from the underground. The subway gods were angry today and stranded me underground for 30-40 minutes on what is usually a ten minute ride. Am here now, with no information from the conductor other than there are delays due to train traffic ahead of us. Seriously? You couldn't be any less helpful. And we are not at a stop. Trapped. Like rats...It's times like these that I start to panic and fear for the worst. What if we never move? What if we are stuck overnight? Days? Weeks?  What if we starve? What if cannibalism ensues like the modern day version of the Donner party?  What if that guy next to me never turns his headphones down, and I'm forced to listen to heavy metal music for the foreseeable future? The worst part is I'm supposed to meet someone and have no way of contacting them with an ETA. Not that I have one anyway. The only thing they are announcing is that there are delays. Thanks. Very Useful Information, MTA. Pretty sure I could've figured that out all on my own...They ask us to please be patient but you know what, I am generally not a patient person to begin with, let alone when I'm stuck on an "express" train that may or may not get me to where I'm going within a reasonable time frame. Or any time frame at all....if I never blog again, you will know why. Am praying to the subway gods to have mercy....and it worked!! Phwew.  Crisis averted.  Ask and you shall receive. If you will it, Donny, it is no dream. And now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

....Happy Hour.  Or....Happy Time?  At this point, who cares....

Happy hour vs. Happy Time.  Going with Both.

No comments:

Post a Comment