Thursday, April 19, 2012

Backed Into A Corner? Rely On the Insanity Defense.



Hitting the easy button on life.  One day at a time...Defensively.
I love that you can plead insanity and get away with just about anything in this country.  So....from here on out, if I ever need to defend myself, I'm going with relying on pleading insanity.  Works like a charm.  Time and time again.


"Maaaaaammm?  Do you know you were not supposed to be in that party??  It is a private event."
"I'm sorry, I plead insanity."
"OK, well in that case, move along now."
You see how easy that was?  

Or:
"Maaaaaaaaammmm???  You know it is illegal to drive 95 MPH on Interstate 95?  I'm going to have to see some ID."
"Nope, I do not know that, sir, because I plead insanity.  And also, because I'm insane, I do not have an ID.  In any state other than the State Department."
"Ah, classic department of defensive action with the insanity plea.  Nicely played.  Well, in that case, no ticket for you.  Just slow down next time."

Or:
"Maaaaaaammmmm.  Did you realize that it is illegal to shoot coconuts and beer bottles in this state?  Please hand over the gun."
"Nope, sir, I did not.  Why?  Because I plead insanity.  I don't even have a license to shoot a gun.  You see how insane I am?"
"Ah, I see.  The classic insanity defense, AGAIN.  Damn, everybody's using that one these days.  Okay then, run along, run along.  Just stop shooting things.  It's illegal in this state department."  

Playing defensive action with insanity.  Easy.  Try it out for yourself.  Like taking candy from a baby...tricks of the trade, my friends, tricks of the trade.  So, you're welcome.  And you can thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment