Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Set Adrift On Memory Bliss. Romanticizing. My Style.

Why do we romanticize so incessantly about the past? (Note to self: We're in NOW NOW)  I mean, it's not like it was really all that great (although it kinda WAS).  What we have now is SO much better, isn't it?  I believe so.  Traded up, vs. trading down, as it were.  However, there's something about MC Hammer pants, tight rolled jeans, jelly bracelets, jellies, neon EVERYTHING, slap bracelets (didn't kill someone by slicing their arm open, as previously thought FYI) Umbros, Skidz, Z Cavericcis (sloppy seconds anyone?) etc, that will never stop (collaborate and listen) making me smile.  Guess it's just one of those things...fancy animals love to reminisce...set adrift on memory bliss...The Trouble With Bliss is that they are all but one fond memory...reminiscent of the "good ole days"...As I suppose we will soon ALL be at one time or another.  Cheers to making more fond memories to one day look back on and laugh about...Cause that's the way it goes, I guess...
Goodnight.

7 comments:

  1. Excuse me but I recall our life being pretty KICK-ASS back in the day when we rocked the tight rolled jeans, slap bracelets & jellies which later turned into China doll slippers, babydoll dresses & tye dyed shirts! We always had great times in your basement, at your pool, riding bikes & exploring the neighborhood McMansions under construction! Life was so easy & carefree back then! Now I'm attempting to LIVE THE AMERICAN DREAM but in actuality I am a slave to the man being forced to get up everyday & go to the sweatshop & pretend to give a shit so I can collect my bi-weekly stipend to help ease the pain of adult responsibilities. WAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please report to jail, er, your office, go directly to jail. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. Our life WAS kick-ass. Still pretty much is...with adult responsibilities currently being shirked as much as humanly possible by yours truly :) We are all slaves to the man, my friend. Money makes the world go round and doesn't grow on trees...yet :) Working on it though. Stay tuned...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I'm totally down for bringing back old school with slap bracelets, tye dyes, New Hope style china doll slippers, riding bikes and being carefree. Don't have a basement anymore, but do have kick ass roof. Care to join the: Responsibility avoider numero uno sometime? Will show you how it's done :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, allow me to ease your pain with a daily dose of "call me maybe". Your prescription of call me maybe is coming right up LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agreed, my life is pretty sweet now also, despite the fact that I scream DAMN THE MAN Monday thru Friday. I really shouldnt bitch but thats just not fun. Its humorous how our perspective changes throughout life... We def should plan on getting together at some point. Im sure it would be a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How bout in parking lot pregame tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a plan!!!

    ReplyDelete