Sunday, June 10, 2012

If You Like Pina Coladas...

 Getting caught in the rain.

I was tired of my lady
We'd been together too long
Like a worn-outrecording
Of a favorite song
So while she lay there sleeping
I read thepaper in bed
And in the personal columns
There was this letter Iread
"If you like Pina Coladas
And getting caught in the rain
Ifyou're not into yoga
If you have half a brain
If you'd like making love atmidnight
In the dunes on the Cape
Then I'm the love that you've lookedfor
Write to me and escape."
I didn't think about my lady
I knowthat sounds kind of mean
But me and my old lady
Have fallen into the sameold dull routine
So I wrote to the paper
Took out a personal ad
Andthough I'm nobody's poet
I thought it wasn't half bad
"Yes I like PinaColadas
And getting caught in the rain
I'm not much into health food
Iam into champagne
I've got to meet you by tomorrow noon
And cut throughall this red-tape
At a bar called O'Malley's
Where we'll plan ourescape."
So I waited with high hopes
And she walked in the place
Iknew her smile in an instant
I knew the curve of her face
It was my ownlovely lady
And she said, "Oh it's you."
Then we laughed for amoment
And I said, "I never knew."
That you like PinaColadas
Getting caught in the rain
And the feel of the ocean
And thetaste of champagne
If you'd like making love at midnight
In the dunes ofthe Cape
You're the lady I've looked for
Come with me andescape
repeat chorus twice and fade out
source: http://www.lyricsondemand.com/onehitwonders/pinacoladalyrics.html

No comments:

Post a Comment