Thursday, April 12, 2012

Best Yelp Reviews Ever: Walmart, Pennsport, PA


Since we're on the topic of Philly today (Go Flyers!) if you're ever bored, you might want to check out the Yelp reviews of the Walmart in Pennsport, PA.  Absolutely hysterical.  Some highlights include these gems of reviews.  Favorite line: "Do you enjoy seeing the look of despair and death in the eyes of fellow shoppers?" Read more below.


Gross. Seriously. Wanted to shower immediately. It was a little fun at first... like watching strange creatures at the zoo... but since the crazy people weren't in between bars and were instead bumping into me and sneezing on me, the fun soon ended. We got some stuff and then my fiancee' went to find a shopping cart outside..... which he was never able to find because apparently ppl were yelling at each other and stealing carts and by the time he came back inside I didn't even care what else we had to buy, I had to get out of there as fast as possible and was willing to drive out of my way anywhere else to get the rest of the stuff.

Parking lot was also incredibly crowded with trash everywhere and smelled of onions.
Was this review …?
I lived in Philly 10 years ago and back then, this store was an absolute horror. Now I'm back, and I swear, the SAME PEOPLE seem to be there -- lazy, loud, stupid extended families with carts loaded with cheap junk, screaming kids running around, merchandise strewn all over the place. Not to mention the slow and dumb cashiers.

The last time I needed something (and I can't remember what it was) I braced myself and pulled into the garbage dump that poses as a parking lot. The spot I got was real close (only like a mile away) I sat there for a second. I watched as large groups emerged from old broken down vans and 70s sedans, watched some plastic bags sail through the air. And I just snapped -- I thought, "I just can't do it" and put the key back into the ignition and left.

Save yourself the aggravation and don't even bother.

This must be the definition of "Hell on Earth."

The clientele is downright CRAZY. They are filthy dirty, careless, and will walk in front of your car with their 16 children without a second thought. The store itself is also filthy and will make you want to bathe in disinfectant within seconds of setting foot inside. The staff is lazy and incompetent, and the shelves are always empty. The lines stretch for miles, and in that time you feel like you're going to be caught in a flash mob.

Save yourself the trouble and bacteria and head on over to Target.

This is definitely one of the worst Wal-Marts I've ever debased myself enough to enter.

I'll be honest.  I don't like Wal-Mart in general, anywhere.  But this particular store... this particular shopping experience can only be described as abysmal, horrid, rancid, and a pathetic statement on the culture that is Philadelphia.

Do you like parking lots full of trash?  Literally full of trash?  Do you like cut throat and aggressive drivers willing to hit a pedestrian before giving you that parking spot?  Do you like loud and obnoxious people who care only about themselves?  Do you like mothers that swear and scream at their children without shame?  Do you like a store that looks like a tornado hit it on the inside?  Do you enjoy seeing the look of despair and death in the eyes of fellow shoppers?  Do you like waiting forever to check out?  Do you like feeling as if you need a shower upon departing a store?

Then come to this Wal-Mart!  All this could be yours... but wait -- there's more!  How much more?  Much more!!!

The store is really filthy.  It certainly has a worn in type of feel.  Ugh!

I realize many people depend upon the cost saving that Wal-Mart provides the individual consumer, but this store is just not worth it.  It's not worth the shame it makes you feel to: A). actually be shopping here, and B). be an American.

To make matters worse, this store is highly inaccessible to those without cars.  Yes, a SEPTA bus does run here... but it's entirely out of the way.  I cringe to think what people on the bus riding to and from this Wal-Mart are like.

Avoid this store at all costs, if you can.
Was this review …?

No comments:

Post a Comment